Sunday, November 27, 2016

Series Finales: The Decent and Abysmal

Well, I finished HIMYM on Thanksgiving night. I know the ending is highly debated and generally disliked. I felt on the fence about a few things and I wish the writers had omitted a few lines but overall, it was a good enough ending for a great show. Especially considering what was to come...

The following night, M and I settled in to watch the Gilmore Girls revival. Now, if you remember, GG was a show that I found fun and entertaining but I didn't necessarily love. Still, I was very excited to see what would happen in the revival, namely, who Rory would end up with.

Boy, was I in for a rude awakening.

Honestly, I have never hated an ending more in my life. It SUCKED. The writers screwed up Rory's character beyond belief and through logic and characterization by the wayside in favor of their preferred ending that DID NOT FIT AT ALL. Even more devastating, they completely screwed over my beloved Jess.

The show, revival and original, is now dead to me.

Ugh.

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment