Friday, November 18, 2016

In Which I Get Very Excited About Putting on Flannel Sheets

I don't know, there is always something wonderful about crawling into bed with freshly laundered sheets. I know I'm not alone in that.

Even better, when the sheets are soft flannel that you haven't felt in months and months. I quite love taking off my flannels in favor of cotton come the end of March too but once the weather turns cold, I'm delighted to put them back on.

Flannels=cold weather=CHRISTMAS is coming!

I had been using the same blue and white snowman flannels for probably about 8 years before I finally caved and bought a red and white checked set at Target last year. Big mistake. It may have looked nice on the box but the red was just TOO MUCH. It offended my eyes and seemed out of season come January.

TOO MUCH I tell you!

This year I bought a subtle but cute set with happy snowmen and a single red stripe by the top of the flat sheet.

Just right.
I've held out on putting them on until my weather forecast shows that it will be in the 40's or below indefinitely. Though today is unseasonably warm, the weekend comes with promise of snow so it's time.

So now you all know what I'll be doing tomorrow :)
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment