Tuesday, November 8, 2016

I Voted and I'm Not Crying About It

Ok, so this title is not meant to be an insult to those who were crying about their votes. From what I read on social media, there were a lot of people who felt so torn up about the candidate they ultimately felt they had to vote for that they were very emotional. I totally get that. I get that people feel backed into a corner for this election, I get that people feel like they have to vote for a certain person or another. All I'm saying is, I am at peace with my vote.

I don't see it as a wasted vote, or even a protest vote. It was my vote to do whatever I wanted to with and I can honestly say that I could not have lived with myself if I'd voted any other way. I did my research, I know that my candidate was far from perfect. I did not agree with everything this candidate stood for but on the whole, I see my vote as hopefully leading to future political reform so that no one is every stuck in this same situation again.

No one should have to cry about their vote!
I hope in 2020 that no one does.
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment