Monday, October 17, 2016

"You Can't Always Get What You Want"

What I want is not always what I need. Not always what is intended for me.

I've been thinking lately that it's actually sinful for me to think things such as,

'I should be engaged by now."
"He's the one that got away."
"Why am I always single? I'm no worse than anyone!"

Because, ok, my plans are not His plans! I shouldn't be anything that I am not because that is clearly not God's plan for me. There really isn't such a thing as the one that got away because, he was supposed to get away. And I must be always single because perhaps I need to grow more before a relationship, perhaps the right person just hasn't come into my life yet.

If I'm living according to scripture, if I'm seeking to glorify God in all that I do, then I am right where He intends me to be.

Simple. The end.

Sure, it can be hard to accept but you know what?

"If you try sometimes, you get what you need"

No comments:

Post a Comment