Monday, June 27, 2016

Summertime

Boy do I love this season. I LOVE IT.

Nothing like walking out of the house into warmth. I love the feeling of being comfortable outside without layers and layers. I love the sun, the soft breeze and the fresh way the air smells.

I've been doing a lot of outdoor activities. Swimming, reading outside, chalking with Ellie. Today we wen the public pool which would have been fun had some kid not vomited right in the pathway between the kiddie pool and the big pool. Yeah, I'm still quite nervous that I'll catch whatever they had. Here's to hoping not!

Anyhow, I have come to the realization that I really may need to live somewhere warm when I'm older and married and such. Not anywhere super far but somewhere where I don't freeze to death for five months of the year. I'm a person who far prefers being hot over cold. I hate being cold, hate it!

For now I'll just enjoy this time of the year. With smells like freshly cut grass, flowers, chlorine (can't lie, I've never minded it) and suntan lotion. The hum of the air conditioner and pool motor and some neighbor's weed whacker. I'll relish sleeping without a ton of blankets on top of me and having to layer socks and deal with boots and coats. I'll appreciate trailing pool water in the house instead of melted snow.


After all, summer only comes once a year!
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment