Thursday, June 2, 2016

On This Day in History

Four years ago I graduated high school! It feels like it was yesterday in some ways but in others, it does seem like four years.

I can remember many details perfectly. Like the feeling of the padded carpet in the theater beneath my tall wedge sandals and the velvety seat that I sat in wait of lining up to walk the stage. I remember holding a bright smile during my plight, trying to make the most of my moment. And then afterward, pure joy! Finding my family in the crowded lobby and taking dozens of pictures with them and my friends. I was so happy for so many reasons. It was a great day.

Like the passage of time, in some ways I feel the same as I did then but also, I know I am different. Four years isn't an eternity or anything but it is a big enough passage of time for many things to happen. No matter how old you are, I think time and experience will always keep you growing up in some way. We're always changing.

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment