Tuesday, May 17, 2016

It's Always A Little Weird

That's how I feel about the beginning of "summer" ever since I started college. It's not really even summer at all when school ends in early May, so the weather feels a little too cold for any "summer activities". It takes time to get used to no school and get into working and all that jazz. I always feel a little lost in May until I find my rhythm.

One thing that's been great is that I'm back to writing for pleasure again. I'm about half way through my fourth (and last) book of the series I've been writing for two years. It's really been one of the most fun things I've ever done. I've enjoyed these characters so much, I don't know what I'll do when I'm done!

And here is some big news: I'm transferring schools again. I know, right? I couldn't take another year at the school I've been at for the last two. It sucked, honestly. I tried not to be critical at first but it became too much. The English program pretty much sucked, though I did have good experience in my creative writing classes. The literature professors, a whole other story. I'm glad to be rid of them.

So I'm going to a private university, a more prestigious one (my grades are pretty great these days if I do say so myself) and it' s where M graduated from in 2013. I'm so excited because it's the school I was supposed to go to two years ago but I had a different major back then and they didn't offer it there. But God's plan is so cool, because now it's actually happening and I'm pumped. No more going to school in a city (which I hated) and no more unorganized, impersonal public college.

So that's what's up right  now! Back soon!
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment