Sunday, April 17, 2016

The Perfect Day

The weather was a beautiful sunny and 73. I got to wear shorts for the first time since September.

First we went to Church and then I got to talk to friends for awhile afterward. Once home, I ate lunch outside and then E and I helped my dad get our picnic table out of storage and cleaned off. Then we set up our umbrella in the middle and played Yahtzee (our favorite game).

I decided that such a nice day warranted the first cookout of the season so while my mom and M were at the library, I went grocery shopping and made a special hamburger recipe from my aunt. There was also salad, potato salad and lemonade. I painted my nails outside before getting the grill fired up and making dinner for everyone.

Let me tell you, it was so peaceful manning that grill while listening to the new Lumineers album (which I love).

Just an overall glorious day.

And soon summer and sun will be here to stay.
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment