Thursday, March 3, 2016

It can be Hard to be Happy, Except When it's Easy

Often, I allow my happiness to depend on the next good thing that's coming up. If I have to work (like I do later today), I feel sort of down but then tomorrow, because it's Friday and I have fun things planned for the weekend, I'll be feeling happy indeed. But I think there is a problem with that way of thinking. I need to learn to be content and happy in everything I do. So work can be a drag sometimes, so school can be annoying, I shouldn't have to put my happiness "on hold" while I get through it.

God calls us to find glorify Him in all that we do, and consider everything, trials and suffering included, a joy. If people can be happy despite living in horrible conditions or while battling a debilitating disease, I can certainly be happy during my eight hour work shift! Certainly!

I have been praying for contentment during this season of life that I'm in and I can feel myself growing in that area. I've even begun to feel excited at the prospect of my future career that I'm working towards. I'm learning to appreciate where I'm at now even if I am waiting for my ultimate goal which is to get married and have a family.

Every part of life is important, that's what I'm realizing. There is no time that I should wish away and no situation that is pointless. Everything is for a purpose and when I look at it that way, it's really not hard to find joy at all!

Right now I can hear a bird chirping outside, a sign that spring is coming! And later on I get to take care of new mothers and their little infants, that is a blessing! Even by the end of shift when my feet hurt and I'm exhausted, I will find joy in my tasks because God is good and so is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment