Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Halloween 2015

It was a grand time!

So, this year my sisters and I hosted El, her mom and grandma (my dad's cousins), her little friend and some other family. We were in charge of the whole event because my parents went out for their anniversary that night. We cleaned and cleaned Saturday morning and then went out shopping for food before coming home to prepare some more.

People came over around 5 and our house was quickly buzzing with people. I was so happy to see my Ellie again, I love that child so much! She was an adorable little black cat and got such a kick out of Ruby dressed up as super dog. After everyone ate, it was time to go out trick or treating. The night was cool but dry for once! A big group of us accompanied El and her friend as they went from house to house. I loved trick or treating so much when I was younger, it was so fun to share in their excitement. Sadly, El was getting over being sick so she didn't have as much stamina or fun as she could have.

When we got home, people didn't stay too much longer because they had other plans and so did we! The leaders of our young adult Bible study were hosing a masquerade party at their house that night as well. We got to dress up and I was so stoked to have an excuse to wear my prom dress again. I love that dress so much! And it still fits 3 1/2 years later, score! We also wore masks (of course!) and E lent me her beautiful white dress coat. I felt like a princess.

The part was so much fun. Just a great time with great people. There was delicious food, a murder mystery type game where we each got to play a character and various other activities. I love that I can hang around with these people, who are all around my age, and not have to listen to swearing or talk about lewd things. I love that we can have a good time without getting drunk or high, I love that we all love the Lord and I am so, so thankful.

All in all, it was a Halloween for the books!
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment