Thursday, October 8, 2015

God's Grace

I'm in a young adult group at my church, we've been meeting since early summer and plan on continuing indefinitely. This group has been a tremendous blessing to me. The leaders are people who care about all of us so much and the teachings are always so Bible centered and applicable.

I've also met so many wonderful people who I look forward to seeing every week, people who love the Lord and strive to be more like Him in all they do. People who aren't centered around themselves and who can give me good, sound advice. I had so many friends in high school that I really loved and cared about, friends that I made awesome memories with. But they were not friends that could lead me down the righteous path. They were good people but they were not Godly people.

As I get older, I'm learning that I can always have friends who aren't Christians and that's ok, but I also need to have friends that are. I need to have people holding me accountable and lifting me up. When I was younger and in Sunday School, there were a lot of girls my age who I thought seemed really nice but I was so intimidated by them that we never really became friends. I thought they all seemed like the perfect Christians, infinitely better than me. Now I know that everyone has their own stumbling blocks and things to deal with, no one is perfect. I have learned to cast my insecurities aside and just talk to people without worrying if I'm inferior. God loves us all!!

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.;" 
Jeremiah 29:11

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment