Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Great Bridal Shower of 2015

Sadly it was not for me...but it was for my cousin who has been waited so long to find the right guy so yay for her!!! Really, I'm not being sarcastic, I am super happy for her. And as God would have it, her husband to be lives in England so she will soon too.

My mom sort of nominated herself to throw the bridal shower and we had a mere two and a half weeks to get it together. All things considered, it went great.

There was a lot of work to be done in a short amount of time. M did most of the decorations and the favors, I was in charge of the cake sand desert (I took that job VERY seriously), E pitched in wherever it was needed and my dad's duty was to get Ruby out of the house for the evening. And my mom did all the food and cleaning. It was a lot but we banded together and threw a great party.

Oh, there were hiccups, like M getting a raging migraine on the day of the shower and several people being unable to attend last minute but through it all, we stayed calm. I even managed to basically create my own recipe for some pretty delicious raspberry tarts. I thinks I'll post the recipe sometimes this week.

Once all the guests came, we ate and chatted and Ruby wasn't around to jump on everyone and lick them to death, it was peacefully chaotic. We did a little Q&A with my cousin and then we cut the cake. I was a bit disappointed with the taste...but the decorations came out perfect.

I can't wait for the wedding in a few weeks!!
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment