Wednesday, September 23, 2015

She Ruined My Day, But Not My Life

I had an English professor be totally mean and unprofessional to me today. I nearly cried and it was bad. Really bad. I felt stupid, belittled, humiliated and at a loss. I don't know how I'll ever please this woman, seriously, I don't know. But everyone else in the class seems to be doing alright so I feel even more stupid.

It's just hard. And it's easy to feel like everything has gone downhill and I'll end up living in a box and yada yada ya. But it will be ok, even if it doesn't feel like it right now. I'll figure it out, somehow. And I know that this isn't the end of the world even if it felt like it. I know that I'm a better writer than she was giving me credit for. I know that I belong in my major even if she made me feel otherwise.

I know, but it sure as heck still hurt. Bad.

Perspective folks, perspective. I gotta get some.

For now I can say that yes, she ruined my day. But no, she did not ruin my life.

Yet.

Just kidding.

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment