Friday, September 11, 2015

Blog Roots

I recently went back and reread my entire blog up until this point. I cringed at some points but for the most part, it was really fun! I think I need to go back to my roots a little bit and just write about life...not always day to day events but what I'm feeling, what I'm up to at that moment.

It was so much easier to blog when I was living in a dorm alone! It was quiet and peaceful and no one interrupted to ask, "Whatcha typing?" (which gets so very annoying). I was less distracted and more focused on writing and self discovery. I guess I've discovered a lot of myself for the time being but some self examination would be nice.

You know what's funny? I can't remember the last time I cried. I mean, that's not entirely true, I cry during movies and TV and books often enough but I haven't cried for myself in forever. I guess that's ok, since I've had nothing major to be upset about but sometimes it just feels good to let it all out. Back in June I slammed my fingers in my bedroom door and was totally about to lose it but then M called me for something so I stifled it and went on my way. But for those few seconds where I really did cry a little, it felt so good.

Anyway, I don't think this post has a specific purpose, just a musing like the old days :). I'm very excited about the weekend despite the fact that I have a lot of work to do. But movie night is tomorrow which should be a lot of fun!

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment