Wednesday, August 5, 2015

4 Year Blogiversary!

Wow! Four years, that's pretty crazy. Four years ago I was sitting at my dining room table with my trusty laptop Lars and the idea popped into my head that I should start a blog. I was so excited as I wrote my first post (and then as I wrote it all over again after accidentally deleting it) and my bio and designed the layout. I was just 17 then and about to begin my senior year, so much has changed since that day but I feel much like the same person, older and wiser sure but my sense of self has stayed much the same.

I think my purpose for writing this blog has changed slightly since then. At first I think I wanted to take each post to tackle a subject and give my thoughts and opinions, after awhile it became a place for me to document my life. My struggles, my triumphs and the everyday. I have never been able to keep a written journal for more than a week so I wasn't sure how long I'd keep with it but it has stuck! I love having this blog as a record of my life, I'm so happy I've kept it up.

I was considering doing a "Blog Awards" for different posts I've written but I think I'll wait until the big 5 year anniversary next year. Who knows what will happen between now and then!
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment