Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Flashback Series: Senior Banquet/The Last Assmebly

Was probably one of my favorite memories ever. It was kind of like what I hoped prom would be. It was held at a hotel and we got to watch our senior video, receive our senior books and eat and dance. Toward the end, everyone was on the dance floor and (I know it sounds cheesy) but we all put our arms around each other and swayed. It was the same thing we'd done at our middle school farewell dance and it just felt so perfect.

The next day we were back at the high school for our final assembly where they give out scholarships. We had to wear our cap and gowns and meet in the gym where we practiced lining up in alphabetical order. We filed in the auditorium with the graduation song playing and of the Junior class and teachers watching. Sadly for me, I ended up at a seat that was broken and had to physical keep myself from falling down with it for the whole 2 hour duration. And I didn't win a scholarship, go figure! Still, it was a nice time to see other students get recognized. And the real graduation was just two days away!
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment