Sunday, June 28, 2015

Cookies

Despite the sad weather this weekend, and the fact that it made our towns festival a bust, the weather was good for indoor activities such as...making cookies.

I had planned on making my cousins (who both just graduated college) each a batch as a little gift. One of them, my cousin K, is a vegan so I made my first vegan cookies. I used a chocolate almond recipe and they came out pretty good! For my non-vegan cousin I used this tried and true recipe for chocolate chip cookies with rolled oats. Then I bought some bakery boxes and packaged them up really cute.

The final batch was made today, for my grandma's birthday which is Tuesday. I would make them tomorrow so they'd be more fresh but I don't think I'll have time with work and working out. At any rate, they came out well despite me having to substitute the oats for flax seed. I can't wait to get them all wrapped up and give them to her!

Since the weather has been abysmal (cold, rainy, stormy, cloudy) for over a week now, I am praying that the streak ends and some real summer weather comes. I so badly want sun and warmth for this fourth of July parade that E is marching in this weekend!
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment