Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend 2015

Such a lovely Holiday weekend and summer send off!

The fun started on Friday when M and I got to hang out with El (our cousin who we watch in the summertime) for the day. She'd just had the same eye surgery I had done in March so we bonded over that! El will be turning 5 in July and just gets smarter and funnier every time we see her. First we headed back to our house and watched Snow White and then we headed to this huge luxury playground that we've been wanting to take her to for years. The weather was a little cooler than it had been but it was actually a blessing as we ran around and climbed and swung, we ended our visit with a trip over to the sandbox.

From there, we headed to a mall a few cities over because M was hunting for sun glasses and me for some t-shirts. Mission accomplished for us both! We also took some great pictures together in a photo booth and ate Chick-fil-a, what could be better?? On our way home and to pick up E from school, I got a call from the mom of my MFF and she had an urgent babysitting request. I accepted and went directly to their house for about an hour. The day was busy bu so much fun!

Saturday we worked out in the morning and then headed downtown to visit a family friend who has been in the hospital for three weeks. From there we had to rush home so M and I could go to our favorite aunt and uncles house. This Saturday they are hosting a big birthday party for my grandma and M and I volunteered to help create a slideshow. We'd went through pictures to bring over. The best part of the visit was that I got to polish off my Uncle's steak-ilovesteak.

After taking pictures of pictures and uploading them to my aunts computer, we left and went to a different mall so M could exchange her sunglasses because they were scratched when she bought them. It was a bit of a hassle but we got it done and rewarded ourselves with s'mores frappecinos from Starbucks. That night, M finally indulged me and watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, E joined in too!

Sunday, M and I taught Sunday school and then hurried to the grocery store to get supplies for the parties we had that day and the next. I'd been wanting to make this tasty scoop cake for awhile with M but ended up doing it myself. I was a little worried about how it would come out but would have to wait until the next day to find out. As soon as I was finished we went to my mom's brother's house for a barbeque. The crowd was a lot smaller this year for whatever reason so there was no cornhole tournament. Still, there was tasty food and volleyball and good conversation. We got home before dark.

Monday was the yearly Memorial Day parade that I've been going to for as long as I remember. I love that parade! It goes through my grandparents neighborhood and throws out a ton of candy. My three girl cousins were in the parade and the little ones got a lot of candy. When we got back to my grandpas house we had a delicious breakfast and then hung out. My family and I did head to a grocery store nearby to pick up the chicken for lunch. My cousin S came with us and waited in line with me while I bought the ribs they were selling outside. Alas, they were not good...I am still searching for tasty ribs that are actually in this state (I've only had luck in Chicago and Florida!).

We ate lunch, enjoyed my scoop cake (it got rave reviews!) and took some pictures before playing a customary game of red rover with my cousins. They're 11, 12 and 13 now and my sisters and I are 16, 21 and 24 but we all still played like we were little! I think I'll always be a kid at heart.

It was a weekend to remember! And sidenote: I've been going through the House MD series again and let me tell you-I love it even more than I thought I did! I've been watching 2-3 episodes a day!
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment