Sunday, May 31, 2015

Flashback Series: Prom

I always said that I'd only go to prom if I had a date...and then Spring of my senior year rolled in and I did not have a date but still wanted to go. So I did. I went alone with two friends and their dates, was it a bit depressing? Maybe but I didn't want to miss out on any of the fun just because I was (am) single!

I'm still in love with the dress I wore. It was this bright peach color, strapless (much to my chagrin, I hate strapless but oh well) and embellished with beautiful rhinestones. Oh and it was long, I hate all of these short prom dresses girls are sporting more and more, why not take advantage of the one time besides your wedding when you can wear a fun long dress?? Anyway...I digress. It was tailored just to fit me and it did like a glove.

I have to say, for all of the hype that prom receives, it didn't quite live up to it. It was fun and felt special but it was also slightly dull and anticlimactic. The high point was my best friend L getting voted onto prom court and being paired with a guy she'd had a crush on for years. I did get to dance a lot, which I love, and was lifted high up in the air by L's date who was probably high, no one is sure ;). L and I took photos in the booth and I took many pictures with other friends.

After Prom was great though! It was held at school and decorated beautifully for the carnival theme. Both of my parents were there helping out and I just had the best time. I played poker and ate cotton candy, rode in a tricycle race, took more pictures, ate more food, "bought" prizes with the fake money I won. And we didn't get home until 5 am!
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment