Friday, May 22, 2015

Flashback Series: The First Graduation

Looking back now, I'm glad I got to "graduate" twice. The first was a separate ceremony for my post secondary program that was held a week before the whole class graduation.

The day had actually been highly stressful. I had my big orientation at my college and my parents and I were late. I was very intimidated and nervous the whole day as I was quickly assigned to a group full of strangers (to be expected but still). To top it off, we had to rush home as soon as it was over because I had to be at the high school very soon. As soon as we arrived back at the house I changed into my dress and hurried off. My family would meet me later.

There were a number of other programs that were all graduating together so the parking lot was very full. I met up with L right away and we walked together to the auditorium where we had to sit in our line up. My chair was sadly broken so I stood instead. Waiting to be called into the gym was fun and exciting. I was having a great time with my friends but I was ready for the next step. At last we filed in, there was a sea of white chairs for us to sit in.

The ceremony was loooong but my friends and I were quiet and respectful, we didn't want to give our program a bad name. Sadly, a few girls who I wasn't fond of were loud and rude repeatedly. Finally we got up to make a line by the stage. My name was called and I walked across the stage to receive my diploma from the Doctor who had taught our class. It was so meaningful.

Afterward, the culinary program had made an awesome spread of food for the family and graduates. I ate, hung with L and took pictures with my family. It was a great night!
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment