Friday, April 3, 2015

Easter Weekend and a Tribute

Well, it's upon us! Easter seemed to come really fast this year, it's not the earliest it could be but it still snuck up on me. My mom, E and my favorite aunt and uncle and myself are all going to be singing in choir on Easter Sunday. I'm really looking forward to it.

Typically we go to my grandpas house for Easter but this year him and my grandma bought a condo in Florida and went for the winter. They won't be back until after Easter and some of the other family on my mom' side will also be absent. So, we decided to go to my dad's side instead. I'm pretty happy about this because I'm a lot closer to them and a lot of them are believers so the day will have more meaning to them.

***

In other news, Hayley Okines passed away yesterday. For those of you who don't know, Hayley was a 17 year English girl who had Progeria which caused her body to age at a rapid pace. I've been following Hayley and her story for a long time now and have been inspired by her spirit and positive attitude. I'm so sad that she didn't get to live as long as most people because she truly was an amazing person. 

Thank you Hayley, for sharing your story and for making the most of your 17 years. You will be missed by many.

No comments:

Post a Comment