Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter 2015

Easter this year was the best I've had in a long time! Here's how it went:

I woke up a little earlier than I needed to because the night before we failed to finish The Sound of Music (which we always watch the night before Easter), so I got ready quickly and sat down to watch. TSOM has been my favorite movie since I was four so it certainly holds a special place in my heart.

My outfit this year was a little last minute due to some choir rules so E and I actually ended up in beautiful matching skirts! Hers was blue and mine was white and I do think we looked pretty nice :)). I also had my hair straightened and am still sporting my glasses, I thought I looked pretty nice if I do say so myself. Right after the movie ended my aunt came to pick my mom, E and I up to get to church early so we could rehearse in the choir. The songs sounded really nice so I was excited to get to worship in front of the whole congregation! As I as singing, I raised my hands in praise for one of the first times, previously I'd been really self conscious about doing so but I decided to release my inhibition and go for it. It felt great! God is not dead, He's ALIVE!

After church we stopped home to get stuff ready and take some pictures and then we headed to my mom's brothers house to see her side of the family for a little while. It was a really small crowd over there but I busied myself by being a bit of a glutton with the appetizers. I'm not really sure what came over me...but I ate a lot.

We left there and took a long back route to my uncle and aunt on my dads side. We were the first to arrive and I was feeling really full and tired. The rest of the family all seemed to com at once which livening me up a bit. My uncle D said a really nice prayer and then we feasted! The food was delicious and I managed to eat my fair share despite already stuffing myself earlier. My dad and I each made a loaf of Easter bread so I got to try mine there, it was a little dense but came out good for the first time making it. We had a good time talking over dinner and catching up.

After we ate we relaxed before eating the delicious desert, the best cheesecake I've ever had. SO GOOD. Then I relaxed in the living room while my dad, aunt and uncle watched golf intently. They're in an online tournament so they were getting really into it which was quite fun to watch. Then we sat around a table again and talked about everything from our future plans to fond memories of the past. I love my family!!

Happy Easter to all!
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment