Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Diary of Fit Girl: 7 Months

Wow! I can't believe it's been seven months since I started working out. I've had some spotty attendance in the past month or so, only going twice a week instead of 3 times, but I'm back on track.

The results are so encouraging and I love how strong I feel during the workout and afterward. My stomach is all muscle now, and I have ab definition when I flex! My arms and legs are super toned as well. What I've learned (after hearing it from the trainers about  dozen times :), is that you really do get what you put into the workout out of it. If I don't give it my all, I won't be burning as much off and I'm only letting myself down. There are few things better than walking out of the gym and knowing that you put in 100%. Some days there will be sweat dripping down my face and my hair will be drenched but I like it because I know it means I'm working my hardest.

My fitness "highlight" so far has been holding an elbow plank for five straight minutes. I was one of only six other people (out of about 60) in the class who made it all the way and I was so proud! The trainer and the other people were cheering for us, it was a great feeling. If I zone out and don't focus on the pain and strain, I can go a lot further than if I'm hung up one what I'm doing. Going through song lyrics in my head definitely helps.

Summer is fast approaching and I can't lie, I'm looking forward to wearing my swimsuit and enjoying the benefits of working so hard these past months!
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment