Wednesday, December 17, 2014

9 Ladies Dancing

Yesterday I Christmas shopped for 8 hours. Enough said. Here are my do's and don'ts

Do...
  1. Eat a nice hearty meal beforehand and bring a little snack like a granola bar or something. I forgot the granola bar and paid the price. 
  2. Wear comfortable shoes. 
  3. Bring a list and have some sort of game plan, nothing worse than walking around a mail aimlessly. 
  4. Bring enough money-and then some. Nothing wrong with having leftover cash but you don't want to come up short. 
  5. Treat yourself to lunch, it's a good way to break up the day and recharge. 
Don't...
  1. Be too rigid. If you had an idea for a gift and it's not there, don't worry about it. You might be able to find it somewhere else or find something else. 
  2. Be afraid to go out of your comfort zone. Go in a store you never have before, there might be some hidden gems. My mom and I went into a boutique that's been there for a year for the first time and I found (unbeknownst to her) her present there. 
  3. Over think it. If you think someone would like something and that's your initial though, go for it! M and I always over analyze our gifts for each other and it only brings on stress. This year I went with my gut and hopefully it pays off! 
  4. Let yourself get tired, keep going or you'll be sure to fall into a funk. 
  5. Be afraid to call it a night when you've had enough, I still have a few more things to get but I sure as heck wasn't going to make it ten hours!
Hope this helps!
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment