Sunday, December 21, 2014

4 Calling Birds

We always get together with my dads side of the family on Christmas day and we have a lot of artistic people in the family. About 12 years ago we started doing a homemade gift exchange. Now, people don't make things like pencil holders or cookies, they seriously put their talents to use and come up with some amazing ideas. There have been mirrors and clocks and mosaics and much more. I always have so much trouble coming up with ideas and this year was no exception. Fortunately, my mom had been online looking for some ideas for herself and she came across a really cool one. All I needed was two canvas, paint swatches, toilet paper rolls, and a stick! Bet you won't guess what it came out to look like!

Drum roll.....

 I'm pretty proud of it if I do say so myself! I just painted the canvas, cut the stick down to size, cut strips of toilet paper rolls and fitted them with the pain swatch pieces. Then I set everything in place with hot glue. It really only took me just over an hour and it was fun! Hopefully everyone in the family likes it just as much. Perhaps people will actually fight for my gifts for once!
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment