Monday, December 22, 2014

3 French Hens

Well we are truly almost there! Tonight I'm going to take a little stroll down memory lane and recall Christmas past.

I think my most memorable Christmas to date was when I was 6, I had been hoping and hoping for an American girl doll. Let me tell you, there is nothing like the excitement of seeing that red doll sized box under the wrapping paper! I had actually been hoping for the doll Kit but as it was her debut year, she was out of stock and my parents got me Felicity instead, I didn't care a bit! M got Molly and both of our dolls came with their Christmas outfits and books. Later that day we went over to my aunts house and I remember parading around with Felicity happily. The following year I did receive Kit and I was just as excited!

Another year that stands out was when I was 10 and desperately wanted a guinea pig. Sure enough, I found my little friend underneath the tree in a red cage. He was orange and white and I named him Pumpkin. I loved him so much! Even though he lived a (very) short life, I will always think fondly of my first pet.

When I was in 7th grade I started to get into music and wanted an ipod. I did not expect to get one but I did! I named my silver nano Metallica (not after the heavy metal band, but just because of the color) I had a strange array of pop/folk/old rock songs for a few years before I found my musical preference

Hopefully, this year will go down as one of my most memorable as well, and not because of gifts but because of Jesus and family and love :)
-G-.

No comments:

Post a Comment