Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014: A Year in Review

January
I hold my 2013 awards. I write and celebrate my 300th blog post. After dealing with some stomach issues, I decide to go gluten and dairy free. I stay on that diet for about a month before quitting. We celebrate my moms birthday with a homemade chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting.

February 
I start doing Week of Fun again. I remember Murphy. My writing gets a little personal. I talk about dealing with OCD. I make homemade Valentine cards for my family and go out to eat for the holiday. February upholds it's title as my least favorite month when I get sick right at the end of it. My parents go away for a few days and M and I try to do all of the fun things we had planned despite me feeling terribly. We watch 3 Oscar nominated movies in one weekend. I end the month with a cartilage piercing.

March
I write about the proudest moment of my life. I'm really excited to welcome Spring. I have an awesome break where I road trip with Claire. E celebrates her birthday and I reflect on our sisterhood.

April
My life goals change once again and I buy tickets to my first ever gymnastics event. I share my top ten American gymnasts list. My dog Ruby turns 6. I talk about my deepest desire. Easter falls on a beautiful sunny Sunday. I reflect on my friendship with Claire. I turn 20 and it's awesome.

May
My Sophmore year comes to a close and as I prepare to switch colleges, I reflect on the passed for years. The 8th anniversary of my back surgery passes. School ends and I throw myself into writing. I thoroughly enjoy the festivities around Memorial Day.

June
I write my Summer Goals. Just when things are going really well, everything falls apart. I donate my hair for the fifth time. Despite my inner struggles, I want to enjoy my Summer. I write about my favorite subject: time. VBS week comes around and M and I guide a cute little group of first graders. I review another gymnast memoir.

July
I take advantage of the nice weather and spend many days hanging out in my backyard pool. We celebrate the Fourth of July with family and new friends. I visit NYC for the first time ever. We go on a bus tour, shop, see a Broadway show and walk...a lot. Despite what I wrote in the post, I now would like to visit again. I reflect on the worst day of my life, one year later. I have a very busy weekend. Finally it's time to head out to Chicago and I am so excited!

August
I have the time of my life at the Secret Classic. I have my 3 year bloggiversary! A trip the the hometown fairgrounnds proves to be a lot of fun. I talk about having faith through trials. I list my favorite gymnastics routines. I revisit my summer goals and realize that I accomplished more than ever before! School gets off to a bit of a shaky start until I end up changing my major for good.

September
I declare my love for Sia's music and announce that I have started a new gymnastics blog. I start boxing and love it! I visit my orthopedist and eye doctor but leave with more questions.

October
The month starts off in a very busy fashion. Between working out and school and Bible study, I'm almost always doing something. My short story gets workshopped and I get some amazingly good feedback and encouragement from my professor. 1989 comes out and I'm slightly disappointed. I quietly celebrate my half birthday. I get to live my dream and dress up as a gymnast for a Halloween party.

November
I start up Week of Fun again. I spent four days in Chicago with Claire and her family, it leaves me with a slightly bad taste in my mouth. I muse for the fourth time. I explain why I write once again. I celebrate a nice Thanksgiving and go Black Friday shopping the next morning. I start documenting my fitness journey.

December
Exam week causes me to go off the grid. I do a 12 Days of Christmas Series. I'm not sick on Christmas for the first time in three years and it's awesome! I wrap up the year by celebrating new years with Claire.

I was thinking today that 2014 was a really important year for me. Probably not as visible for others looking in but I really took my writing to the next level. I wrote two books over the Summer and I was told by someone who really knows that I'm a talented writer. I now know that I need to pursue this talent even if it took awhile to figure it out. I have some goals for myself for the new year but i'm not going to make a big thing out of them, if they happen, they happen. It's all in God's hands.
See you in 2015!!
-G-


No comments:

Post a Comment