Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Word Wednesday

Writing Prompt: How old were you when you started to feel "grown up" and stopped being childlike?

This is a tough one because I've always had a very strong sense of self and was a pretty precocious kid. I always felt a bit more grown up than my peers. However, I maintained a lot of kid-like qualities for awhile which I think was good. I'm tempted to say that I was 12 (when I had surgery) when I stopped being so innocent. However, after I recovered, both mentally and physical, I went back to being fun loving in a lot of ways. Especially with my friends. I'm going to say that I truly started to feel grown up when I was 17 and in my Junior year of high school. I'd had my license for about a year and realized that I was comfortable being independent and taking care of myself. The next year held a lot of personal responsibility so it just sort of became a gradual progression. Now I feel adult and also not. I'll always have that little girl in my soul :)
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment