Friday, November 28, 2014

Thankful for Everything (even our crappy pies)

Thanksgiving yesterday was lovely! Probably one of the best in a long, long time. We hosted it at my house and my mom and E did a great job decorating. My parents made great food and everyone on my dads side of the family attended. I took a long nap before everyone arrived so I was nice and refreshed.

The day before, M and made our customary 4 pies. Last year we finally perfected our apple pie and were excited to do it again. Unfortunately, my dad had bought some sort of weird, thick flower that pretty much ruined our dough and our chocolate pie. The only good ones were the pumpkins which we couldn't take credit for because they were from a ready to make can. Ah well...there's always next year and I should give thanks in all things right??

Dinner was great! I fasted for most of the day so I would be extra hungry and I definitely got my fill. It's always so nice to look down the long dining room table and see the people you love most. I'm so close with that side of the family and I can really be myself around them. We all get along and I am well aware of how rare that can be. I am so thankful to be blessed with such an incredible family.

After dinner (and the pie disappointment) we hung out and played Scattegories, one of my favorite games. I won round two! After everyone left around 11, we stayed downstairs for a little bit and then headed off to bed. This morning my mom and sisters and I woke up at 5 and went doorbusting at a local book store and then to the mall. We got home around 10:30 and I ate some leftovers and took another nap! Tonight we're going to see Catching Fire so here's to hoping it's good! Happy Thanksgiving to all!
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment