Monday, October 27, 2014

Now and Then

Title is the little reference to my favorite coming of age film from the 90's. :)

Today Taylor Swifts new album 1989 came out. I can so vividly remember writing about when Red came out two years ago. It's crazy because it feels like it could just be a couple of months ago but it's been two years. So much has changed since I was sitting alone in my dorm room as the sun shown down on my desk.

My initial fears about 1989 were pretty much confirmed right away. The album is very different from anything she's ever done. Lots of backup vocals, lot's of repetition, lots of mature lyrics. All of those things are ok but all at once, it was a little much to take in. Upon my first listen, I was really unsure and a bit let down. After a few more times, I started to appreciate some songs that I had previously dismissed, that happens to me a lot. I think I like it, even if it is a big change in her music style. I think I'm beginning to appreciate different types of music now though so it's all good. I think Clean, Bad Blood and Out of the Woods are fabulous. I Know Places, How You Get the Girl and Style are super fun was well.

Anyway, the album release was just one of those reminders that time has gone by so quickly and now my life is so different than it was. Different, but not bad.
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment