Thursday, October 9, 2014

Busy October

I've been writing a lot for school so I haven't much felt like writing on here but I do like to keep the ole blog updated!

For my creative writing class we had to write a complete short story and have a big workshop. I ot the most awesome feedback from my professor, I have never felt so encouraged! It just reminds me that writing truly is my passion and it's something I can say I'm truly good at. My other classes have been plugging along, I can't believe it's already time to take midterms! How crazy is that? I swear that before I know it it will be Thanksgiving.

Speaking of holidays...my favorite Uncle and Aunt are finally going to have a big Halloween party this year! I'm SO excited. I didn't know what to dress up as and I wanted it to be something really great. I went through a lot of ideas but I finally realized that I should be something that makes ME happy, not necessarily what everyone will like. So I decided to be an Olympic gymnast because when will I ever get to wear a leotard in my life other than Halloween??? My costume is currently in the mail and I'll post a picture when I get it. I just bought a plain red, competition leotard and I'm going to embellish it to look like the team uniform from London. Then I'll pull my hair back with a braid going into a ponytail, wear a medal and some warm up pants. I can't wait!

Besides the party, there will be a lot going on this month. I'll be babysitting a few days, working weekly and we'll be making a trip to an awesome amusement park that we go to every year. On Monday, M and I don't have class so the two of us and my mom will be going to a Columbus day parade to watch E in her marching band. I didn't get to go last year so it should be a good time. 

Also happening this month...Taylor Swifts new album is coming out! I initially hated "Shake it Off" but it's grown on me. My only worry is that all of the songs will be fast paced/dance songs. I know they're fun but what I've always loved about TS is her slowed down, story type songs. I'll always love her as an artist but I hope I'm not disappointed.

I've continued to work out about 3 times a week and really, I'm so happy about it. Though every work out I think, "I am NOT doing this again." when I'm in the thick of it. I always end up feeling great afterward and glad I put in the effort. It's a tough program but very rewarding, I think everyone should work out if they are able.

Another reason I haven't been blogging much is because the gymnastics world championships has been going on for about a week now. I've been covering it on my other blog (link on the sidebar) . Once that is over with after this weekend, I'll have more time to write on here.
-G-.

No comments:

Post a Comment