Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Last of 19

I remember writing my birthday post from last year and saying that I was glad that I was turning 19 and had a whole year before I turned 20. That "year" felt more like a few months and here I am on the eve of my 20th birthday, still not ready. I remember turning 10 and being so excited at the double digits and being a decade old. When did birthdays start making me feel sad instead of excited? I know that 20 is still young but I find myself not ready to leave my teenage years, it feels like there are different expectations and stigmas associated with being in your 20's and I may not fit them yet.

My 19th year was alright, it wasn't one of those monumental years where a ton of stuff happens and changes. That was 12 and 18. For most of this year I felt I was in a sort of transitional period of my life and even though I give myself really high expectations of what I want accomplished in a year, I don't think anything changed over this past year. I'm going to try and not make those sort of goals for my 20th year, I'm not going to put that pressure on myself. I think the best things happen when it is natural and not forced. So my only guideline for this next 365 days will be to follow God, try my best and cherish every moment.

Here's to 20!
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment