Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Rays of Sunshine

I've been really stressed out about many things lately and just feeling generally overwhelmed in a way that I haven't for a long time. I had to meet with my TA after social psych class about some attendance stuff (I was sick and missed too many days). So I felt a bit defeated but then I walked outside and for the first time in 5 months I was able to shrug off my coat and just be in my t-shirt and jacket. The sun shone down on me as I began my way back to my building and then along came an older lady walking three dogs. One of them was a Boston Terrier like my Ruby and guess what her name was?? Ruthie! I talked to her for a few minutes and then continued on. I can't tell you how nice the warm breeze felt, I just felt peace.

People say that God works in mysterious ways and maybe that's true sometimes but I think He also works in very obvious ways. Like today, all I needed was that sunshine and that dog to give me a little encouragement that I could push through the tough times because, like the sun, He is always there. I can't always see Him or feel Him clearly, sometime there are clouds of struggle in the way but beneath it all, He is there! And I can make it through, I can be strong and I can relax even amidst the trials of life. I walked back to my room feeling so full, full of happiness and full of excitement for the future. I know there will always be something for me to stress about or dwell on, that's just life but I also know that there is always something to look forward to and strive for.

Even though tomorrow will be back to the winter gloom, I know better days are to come. I got a taste of it today and soon they will be here for good!

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment