Monday, March 3, 2014

Memory Monday

Today's memory will be short and sweet. There are a lot of memories that aren't monumental or special in any obvious way and yet I think of them often. I don't know why certain moments stick with me because while I was living them they didn't seem extraordinary, it makes me wonder what I am living through now that will be in my mind forever.

The memory I'm writing about occurred almost 2 years ago.  It was Easter and I had went with my whole family to the first service at our Church. My parents were going to be teaching during the second service so I was just going to stay for both. But as the second one began I decided to leave because I had a bad headache. Since we'd driven two cars I drove myself home. I was wearing one of my favorite dresses of all time, it was 20 dollars at Target and it's so simple and classic. Anyway, I got home to a quiet, empty house and laid down on our old couch. I remember looking outside, it was overcast and not all that warm. I turned on the TV and I had just recently discovered the addicting pleasure that is Lifetime movies. I had recorded one called "Stolen Child" and put that on to watch. I was snuggled under my old favorite blanket, on Easter morning, wearing my Sunday best, watching a movie about a shifty adoption agency. I don't know why I think of this memory so often and literally yearn to be back there, reliving it. The mind is so strange sometimes, even when it concerns my own emotions and desires I still don't fully understand it. What makes this memory stand out? I really don't know, but I'm always thankful for a moment that I can think of and makes me smile.

Here is the dress:
So yeah, it could have been ironed a bit. Ha, and look, my hair is long. Actually, it's already pretty much back to that length.
Happy Monday!
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment