Monday, March 3, 2014

How I Ended February with a Cartilage Piercing

Well, it turns out that I didn't feel better "tomorrow" in fact, I felt worse and had to go home. In fact, I'm still sort of under the weather but I won't complain.

My parents were out of town over the weekend (they're back now!) so M and I had a ton of fun stuff planned. Here's what went down:

Friday we went to the mall to mostly window shop, M wanted to go into a boutique type store so I obliged and saw an ear piercing sign. Now I had actually wanted to get my cartilage pierced for awhile now so I just decided that that was the day to do it. I filled out the paperwork before I could hesitate, picked a titanium earring to match my spine and off I went. I was nervous but really, it was no more than a pinch!!
My ear looks huge in this picture, but I swear it's not!! The purple is from where the piercing lady marked it, it's not a bruise.
After all the excitement we got smoothies and went to pick E up from school. From there we brought her to our cousin B's house for the weekend. B has two cute little girls and E likes go there a lot so the happy feeling was mutual :). M and I went to Redbox with the intention of renting Gravity but it wasn't there so I got this movie called "Grace Unpluggled" that I'd heard about. It was a Christian movie and it was really good! I liked the music in it a lot

On Saturday M and I went ice skating in the morning. She skated for a year and I did for two years but we hadn't been on the ice in probably about four years so it was weird trying to get back in the groove. The skates we rented were KILLING our feet so that kind of put a damper on it, we used to have our own skates but grew out of them. After skating we went out to eat lunch with the gift card from my favorite family and I had a nice salad (don't I always???). From there we rushed to the movie theater to watch 12 Years a Slave. I had to see it for one of my classes and we were trying to see a lot of the Oscar nominated films so it was a win-win. I really liked the movie, it was very well acted. That night we finally did get to watch Gravity after having found it at a rental store. I liked it alright, it was a well made, solid movie but it was boring to me at times.

Sunday morning we went to Church and then to breakfast with our favorite aunt and uncle. Later on we went with my grandma to pick up E and visited at my cousins for a bit. That night we watched the Oscars, M and I filled out ballots and bet on who would guess the most categories right, I won for the third year!

So that brings me to today and I will be doing the first day of Week of Fun later on!
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment