Thursday, January 9, 2014

Moments

I get so caught up in the future that I find myself completely missing moments in the present. I am so very thankful for the life that God has blessed me with and yet I often feel discontent with where I am at in the moment, only to find that later on I yearn for the past. Will I every learn to cherish the moment? I hope so.

I will have to go back to school soon and I'm not looking forward to it, I am ready to finish this semester and close the "dorming at college" chapter in my life. In May I will feel such a sense of accomplishment, I can't even tell you.

But today, here and now I am about to clean up so the kitchen is ready to make dinner with my dad. In this moment I am excited to order some winter clothes (I have had the same winter wardrobe for about 4 years...), I am ready to go to work tomorrow, I am excited for fun things to come. I am thankful for all of it.

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment