Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Gluten and Dairy Free: One Week

So I have officially been gluten and dairy free for one week! I figured I'd do little check-ins for awhile to document how things are going, what foods I've tried etc.

How I'm feeling: Pretty good, at first I had nothing to eat and felt a general sense of hopelessness but then we went to the grocery store and bought a ton of good stuff and things took a turn for the better.
Foods I'm loving: Rice noodles-literally taste the same as actual noodles, Larabars-so healthy and so good, GF pancake mix, rice cakes, GF Joe-Joes from Trader Joes-better than oreos
Foods I tried but didn't like: Ok I was totally drinking almond milk for a good week until I realized it was the source of the stomach aches I'd been having since going DF and GF so almond milk is out, I'm going to try rice next and soy is a last resort.

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment