Monday, September 16, 2013

Oh, My Love

Back in May after school was over and before I started back at work, my dad enlisted me to help him on a little project. He had bought a groupon to get 24 of our home movie video tapes converted into DVD's. I LOVE our home movies and was happy to help because the only way we were able to watch them was by hooking up our old video camera to our TV. So we picked out the allowed number or tapes and sent them away. The company, called South Tree, promised to have them back in 4-6 weeks. Yay! I thought maybe just in time for vacation. Wrong. When they weren't back by the end of July my dad got nervous and looked up some reviews for South Tree, turns out they are notorious for extended time periods and choppy quality. At that point I just wanted our originals back at least!

Finally, on Saturday we received our package in the mail and were so excited, we watched about 5 over the weekend. The quality was alright but out of order chronologically. Ah well. My very favorite video is this one when my mom is taping and M, my dad and I are dancing around in the living room. I was about 2 or 3 and Unchained Melody came on. I motioned for my dad to pick me up and then he danced with me in the air. It was so cute. I have the best memories from childhood and I have only my parents (and God!) to thank.

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment