Sunday, August 25, 2013

Summer Goals Revisited

It's that time again! It's seems like hardly any time has passed since I was going through last years goals...

1. Grow in my faith and as a person (x)
I think I have grown in my faith some, I've certainly had to give a lot of stress and worry to God. I think that there have been some very convicting messages at Church over the summer months that I've learned a lot from.

2. Gain patience and improve with E ()
Although I think I did gain some patience, there is a lot of turmoil in my relationship with E. Initially I thought that the two of us were going along well but apparently she felt the opposite. Honestly at this point I don't even want to be around her because she has absolutely zero respect for anyone else and only cares about herself. It's sad but in order to avoid conflict I really have to not even try to talk to her. I really hope this improves but that's just the way it is now.

3. Get a good tan (x)
I got a lot of sun during vacation and although initially I had a bit of sunburn, it definitely turned into a straight up tan. I didn't get a whole bunch of opportunities to go outside and swim because the weather stunk but I tried to take advantage of the nice days. 

4. Spend a lot of time outside, swimming, biking, etc. (x)
As stated above, the weather is what prevented me form doing this but I did it as much as I could. I swam a lot on vacation (a lot!!) and I biked when it was nice and walked my dog a lot. 

5. Develop a friendship (x)
Ok, this one is kind of cheating because it's not a friendship yet but I'm really hoping it will turn into one. I met a very nice girl that lives next door to me in my dorm building at school. I'm really hoping and praying that we could become friends this year. 

6. Read at least five books (x)
Well, I just finished this one today! I spent more time not reading that I did reading because as usual I had a hard time finding books. But, this week I powered through 2 memoirs, getting me to my goal! Here's what I read: 
Wonder by R.J Palacio
Report Card by Andrew Clements 
The Promise of Stardust by Pricille Sibley
Winning Balance by Shawn Johnson 
Off Balance by Dominique Moceanu

7. Have a perfect day (x)
Although it would be impossible to have an actual perfect day, I had two that were pretty close! 
Read about them here and here.

8. Do one thing crazy ()
Although I biked up insane hills to our new local library and nearly died afterward...I'm not sure that would be classified as crazy. Nothing truly insane was done this summer. Boo.

9. Improve my skin (x)
Although I still have occasional blemish breakout, my skin really did clear up. Of course I am currently nursing a mean chimple (chin pimple) but I think as I'm older the acne is phasing out. 

10. Witness to someone ()
I sadly didn't seize an opportunity to do this. 

11. Take lots of pictures (x)
Using the new camera I got for Christmas, I documented our summer quite well! 

12. Eat healthy ()
I did eat healthy meals and snacks but every day I had a desert item. Literally every day. Ice cream, cake, cookies and more. I don't even feel bad about it. 

13. Go out of my comfort zone a few times (x)
I did this! My germ fears were lessened and on other events. 

14. Join a Bible study (x)
My mom and sister and I joined a study on Proverbs this summer. We had some great discussions and I really enjoyed it. 

15 Have fun! (x)
This summer was a good one, I felt like I did a lot of stuff and spent a lot of time with my family. I am thankful for these past 3 and a half months and can't believe how fast they've gone!

Goals Accomplished: 11/15

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment