Saturday, June 22, 2013

Concerts

In the past 6 months I've had the opportunity to go to two amazing concerts. Taylor Swift and Jackie Evancho, both were excellent and I've been wanting to share on here for a while now.

My mom took myself and sister to T-Swift. Bret Alderstone and Ed Sheeran (!) opened the show. Ed was AWEsome, he was so natural with his guitar and no fancy sets or anything.

And then the music for "State of Grace" started playing and Taylor appeared! I never thought I'd be one of those people who went crazy over celebrities but I honestly felt like I was going to cry when I first saw her. That's really extreme for me but it's what happened! It was just so weird to be in the same room as someone you watch on TV, listen to on the radio, etc. I was a little nervous about how she would sound live, I know that she can sometimes sound amazing but other times a bit off. Really though I shouldn't have been worried, she sounded amazing! This is a picture of her singing "You Belong With Me", she totally changed up the beat and it sounded sort of old fashion and soulful.


My favorite part was when she sang "Love Story" and floated across the crowd on a platform, it was so cool to see in person! I was afraid she was going to fall.


 I'm not sure what song she is singing in the below picture, I think it's a toss up between "Treacherous" or "Sparks Fly". Another part that I loved was when Taylor sat in the middle of the audience and sang "The Best Day" with just her guitar. That song really holds a special place in my heart because it remind me of my own mom. One (of many) things that I love about Taylor is that she has great relationships with her parents and respects them. I wish I was talented enough to write a beautiful song for my mother.


 The last song Taylor sang was "We are Never Ever Getting Back Together". I know it's been sort of overplayed but hearing it live was really neat and the whole stadium was singing the lyrics and having a great time. I had so much fun that night, I hope I am fortunate enough to get to go see her in concert for her next tour.

Now, onto concert number 2! My dad bought tickets for M, E and myself. I had only heard of Jackie Evancho but never "heard" her voice in a literal sense. The day of the concert I was having awful stomach pains so I almost didn't go. Last minute I looked up a video of her singing on my ipad. The video was a recent performance in which she sang "Bridge Over Troubled Waters". WOW. I couldn't miss it. I was feeling alright by the time we got there and forgot all about it as soon as Jackie walked onstage. Her first song was "Pure Imagination", it was honestly the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. This 13 year old girl is truly blessed with a gift from God. Her voice is so precise and pure that once more I almost felt like crying. My favorite song she sang was "Wish Upon a Star" but a close second would be "Reflections" from Pocahontas which she sang for her mom.

Photography was actually not allowed during the concert but I had to snap this one picture:

The dresses she wore were gorgeous.



Jackie would thank the crowd and curtsey after each song, she was so cute and earnest. You could tell she was more comfortable singing in front of us than talking. She was very polite and sweet, I wanted to take her home and have her be my little sister (along with E of course...). The night was so much fun and we really enjoyed going with dad. I would pay to see Jackie again and again!

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment