Monday, May 13, 2013

Who Knew You Could Get 13 Inches Cut off your Hair and Nobody Would Notice?

My mom had I both had hair appointments on Saturday morning/early afternoon. My mom went first and then it was my turn. My hair stylist put my hair into two ponytails in order to get a clean cut. This was the 4th time I've donated my hair. The first was when I was 10, then 13, then 6 and now 19. Yes, I did wait to cut my hair until my birthday to make sure that this occurred every three years. Don't judge.

Anyway, I thought I was going to be really sad but I wasn't. As she cut off those ponytails my head felt lighter and my heart soared. I was ready for the change and as she dried and straightened my hair, added layers and sidebangs, I kept feeling happier and happier. My hair went from touching my behind, to falling right below my collar bone. So, imagine my surprise when I arrive at a family party that day and not a single person notices. NOT ONE. The same thing happened at church yesterday and the mothers day brunch. I had to point it out to everyone. And, even better is the fact that everyone noticed my mom's haircut and hers was much less drastic!

What is it with me? Perhaps my hair doesn't change the way I look as much as I thought. Who cares though because I love my hair now, it is light and easy and I finally have it pulled back without my head feeling like it's going to fall off my neck.
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment