Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Good Life

That's what I'm living :).  I don't have to work until June 9th and my days are blissfully occupied with whatever I want. Today really felt like a summer day, not just a break or a weekend but a genuine "schools out do fun things" summer day. Here's what I did:

I slept in a bit (yay!) then I chilled with Lars and Iris (laptopa and ipad) until it was time to get ready to go pick up Lily so we could visit our old high school. We got to see some of our favorite teachers, again it was so nice to be back. Afterward M and I went to the movies. This summer we are determined to go once a week and rotate between us two and E so that we'll each have plenty of chances to pick movies. Today we saw "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunter". I didn't know what to expect but I really did enjoy it, the ending was great. On our way to pick up E from school we stopped at a Chick-Fil-a drive through-yum. Then M and I took Ruby for a nice walk in the sunshine. Now I'm relaxing before I have to babysit for my favorite family tonight. It's a good day!

I'm also still very much in love with my haircut, it makes my head lighter and my hair seem (dare I say) thinner? It's a miracle I tell you. I'm also enjoying my summer wardrobe which is millions of times better than my fall and winter clothes. I bought a pair of high waisted shorts and I'm loving them.

Thank you Jesus for this beautiful season!

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment