Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for food. In Nutrition class we talked about two diseases that are a result of malnutrition. Of course no lesson would be complete without heart breaking pictures of starving children in third world countries. Directly from the class, I walked to the convenience store on campus and bought cereal and some m&m's. I then went up to my room and ate a sandwich, some cottage cheese with fruit and some trailmix. This is a luxury that some kids can only dream of, I have been blessed to never know what it feels like to be truly "hungry". My parents have always bought food for me and prepare meals on most nights. It is such a privilege to have a kitchen full of readily available food. I don't take it for granted!

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment