Monday, January 28, 2013

Memory Monday

This is a memory that I often think about, I'm not sure why but I think it's because it is so fond yet so simple.

I was probably 6 or 7 years old and it was a day probably in late may or early June. The weather was really warm and sunny. My mom, my older sister and I walked up to an outdoor shopping plaza nearby our house. My mom bought me two new pairs of shoes at Old Navy, they were the kind that look like Converse but have no laces. One pair was light blue and white checked, the other was jean. On our way home we stopped at the playground for a bit. When we got home my aunt came over, at the time she only lived a few houses away from us. I remember playing in the driveway with her, I showed her how good I was at jumping rope and I showed her my new shoes. It was so nice and sunny, just the kind of day that I love. After she left my dad came home from running errands and he had gotten me a new pillow and a pink and blue bike helmet with stars on it. I was so excited!

I ran up to my room and placed the helmet, the pillows and both pairs of shoes against my wall. I remember admiring them and being so excited. None of these things were extremely monumental. But I was just so happy with my new "treasures" and thankful for my good day.

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment