Sunday, January 6, 2013

I Dreamed a Dream

Over the past two years or so, I have had about 4 or 5 dreams in which I die/am dying. The causes are always different, drowning, helicopter crash, falling off a mine car track (weird, I know). But the one constant in each dream is that just before I die or as I'm dying, I always have the same thought or say the same thing:

"I'm afraid I'm not going to go to heaven! Lord please forgive me, I love you Lord, please save me!"
Every. Single. Time.

Now, I haven't had one of those dreams in awhile, until last night. In my dream I was at some sort of play/concert thing with my family. A riot broke out and there was a raging fire and possibly some sort of fire arm violence. I was trying to protect my family, who were for some reason in a box? Anyway, I was running from the fire but trying to save my family at the same time. My mom was saying that I should save myself and I was in danger of being killed. Do you know what I said to her? This:

"I don't care, because if I die I'll go to heaven. And I'll be with Jesus forever"

Then I ran and ran and made it to safety with my family.

In all honesty I had never thought that dreams meant much before. I know that my fears of being kidnapped has definitely been a major part of my dreams in the past. But now I realize that my another fear has been present as well. I used to be very afraid of dying and possibly going to Hell, the fear I felt in those dying dreams was honestly unexplainable. But the peace I felt in that dream last night...it was amazing. Like everything was going to be alright. And it is going to be. I now know with certainty that when I die, I will go to heaven, I will get to spend eternity with Jesus. I'm not sure when exactly my relationship with God finally became strong, probably sometime this fall when I began to grow spiritually at school. I am so grateful for this dream, this insight to my innermost thoughts. I am no longer afraid of death, in fact I recognize that the afterlife in heaven is so much better than life here on earth.

Thank you Lord for blessing me with this dream.

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment