Monday, January 14, 2013

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

I'm back at school, time for semester 2 of 8. I'm ready but I'm not exactly looking forward to all the work that is involved! I just need to get back into the swing of things here. All is well with my roommate. All is well with my classes so far.

I went in to get my blood drawn on Friday, I should know the results today or tomorrow. My parents and I don't really think that I have the "syndrome" that this doctor suspects. I really don't fit the main criteria and honestly, doctors just like to try and fit people in categories. The truth is, I'm just a very atypical case. I don't think I'm going blind, I pray I'm not. I'm going o my regular eye doctor at the beginning of march to see if my eyes are blurry because I need new contacts. I pray that that is the case.

It's very hard for me sometimes because these "factors" that leave doctors puzzles, such as my height, my eyes and my lungs...they never bother me until I go to the doctor and listen to them drone on about how there is so much "wrong with me". THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ME. I am made just the way God intended. It hurts me when doctors act as though I'm some sort of freak show. I'm not, really. Other than being short and having a wandering eye, I really don't look any different than anyone else.

I don't really understand why God created me this way, but I accept it. Of course there have been times that I have wished for perfect sight and to be a bit taller. I have wished that I didn't have back problems. But I KNOW that I am just he way I am supposed to be. God doesn't make mistakes. He didn't fail to give me perfect eyes or long legs. He made me this way for a reason. I may never know that reason here on earth, just like I will  never know why kids get cancer or tragedies occur. But God knows and I trust in Him.

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment