Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My 12/12/12

It's no secret that I like numbers. I'm actually one of those weird people who hates math but loves numbers. Exactly one year and one month and one day ago, it was11/11/11, something I was excited about for literally 6 years. This year, 12/12/12 came around and everybody was making a big deal about it being the last repetitive date for 89 years. I guess I was semi looking forward to it but I had also been dreading today because I had to go into work and do some computer stuff and schedule myself. As I was walking through the hallways of the maternity unit (if you're new, I work as a nurses assistant), there was a big group  of nurses and they were all cheering. I was really confused until I heard someone say that they had just delivered a baby at 12:12 on 12/12/12! That's pretty cool.

Anyway, I had to do this awful computer competency testing and I didn't even finish because I was literally about to rip my eye balls out. I have to go back tomorrow. On the bright side, I don't think I'll be overworked during my break, it seemed like my boss is just happy to have me picking up hours, even it's not a lot. My first day back is Saturday morning. I'm slightly nervous, I can't believe that it's been 4 months since I worked at the hospital. This is the last post that I mentioned work in, I actually said that I wouldn't be working during holiday breaks. Ha, things have changed a bit I guess. It's good for me to keep working throughout the year, so that I don't get too out of touch and return in the summer being all confused. I probably won't work during spring break but that's because it's too short really.

Tonight I'm going with my older sister M to babysit my favorite family! Woo! Since I've been at school, M has taken over the steady babysitting job and I have missed it so much. 

Anyway, that was my 12/12/12! Good times on the homefront!
-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment