Friday, December 14, 2012

In an Instant

I had a completely different post planned for tonight but I can't bring myself to write about something trivial. Obviously, by now everyone is well aware of what went on today. I am so sad. I don't even want to watch the news or go on yahoo because I can't bear to learn any more details about this tragic events.

I don't know why these things happen, I truly don't but God does and I pray that He would give peace and comfort to all who are healing. It's such a hard situation because as a believer, I now that these kids are with the Lord in heaven, but what parent wants to hear that their child is in a better place when they loved them so much here on earth? I don't know how to react to such a heartbreaking situation. I wish these things didn't happen but they do, over and over again. I know that this is a fallen world and the tragedy in CT is just proof of that.

Nothing is guaranteed, every day is precious. Cherish all that you have, embrace each moment. It is so easy to get caught up in petty little things, I am hugely convicted by this.

Job 1:21 is a verse I am holding dear tonight. He gives and takes away and it is all part of His plan. Blessed be His name.

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment