Friday, November 16, 2012

Week of Thankfulness-Day Two

 If you're new and haven't read the other parts to this series, click here and scroll down.

Today I am thankful for God's timing. Last night we had a floor meeting with our RA to discuss procedures before we go on Thanksgiving and Christmas break. We talked about a lot of things, including the fact that anyone who doesn't have a roommate could possibly have one when we get back in January. Yikes. Apparently you can keep your single room if you pay a large sum of money to "buy out" the other half. I started brainstorming, would my parents pay that all themselves? Would I have to go into my savings to pay half or more?

I was getting all worried until I ran into my "neighbor" who s!aid that her roommate was moving out after this semester and she doesn't want to get a random roommate either. So, she asked if we could move in together. I've always thought this girl was really nice and friendly and I started thinking that this was a good idea. She checked out my room and I looked in hers and we talked for awhile. We actually have a lot in common and I really think this could work out. I tried not to unleash all of my quirks on, I really hope I didn't scare her off! I'm really not a weird person, I promise.

Pretty much, I obviously like living by myself but there is no way that myself or my parents will want to pay so much to keep a single room. Therefore, if it comes down to the choice of a random roommate or my nice neighbor, I will absolutely choose her! I really am praying that this works out. I know I'll have to be really flexible and easygoing if I live with someone. I'm sure it will be a challenge at times but it will be good for me. Plus, I'll hopefully become good friends with her. I really want that.

God totally worked that all out for me last night! He turned my worry into excitement! I am so thankful for that.

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment