Sunday, November 18, 2012

Week of Thankfulness-Day Three

I am thankful for my church. Last night my family and I went to an event at our church and I felt so much love in the room. Being surrounded by people who care about me AND the Lord.

Can I just say that I LOVE my church? It has definitely been majorly missed since I've gone away to school. I love the music, the pastors, the messages and the people. I have met so many awesome people through my church.

My mom first brought my older sister M and I 11 years ago (actually, the anniversary just passed). I began attending Sunday School in the 1st and 2nd grade classroom. My dad started coming with us about a year later. I didn't love it at first, but once I started to understand what it was all about, I really began to look forward to Sundays and I still do!

My church family has been such a blessing in my life, this is how I met my favorite family and how I have been encouraged by so many people. I have been a part of 5 Bible studies to date and plan on joining another one this summer.

Of course, I can't talk about my church without mentioning how great the messages are every week. We are totally Bible driven and we focus on all sides of God, not just the fluffy and feel good stuff.

To conclude (I feel like I'm writing an essay), I am so thankful for my church and thankful that my mom decided to start going to church at all. Because of her choice we have all been saved and can now look forward to an eternal life with Jesus in Heaven!

-G-

No comments:

Post a Comment